Capstone (Seminary in a Box)
An Overview of the Capstone Curriculum
The Capstone Curriculum is a 16-module training program, taught at a seminary level, which we specifically designed to serve as the most essential knowledge and skill learning necessary for effective urban ministry and church leadership. Although each module contains its own specific list of objectives to guide mentors and students through the material, below you will find our eight overall objectives we seek to implement across our Capstone Curriculum:
- To ground emerging leaders in the Gospel of Christ, enabling them to know the basics of conversion and their own calling to salvation and leadership
- To root our students in the indispensability of the Church to serve as both agent and locus of the Kingdom, and for them to serve the church practically and specifically in the local assembly
- To equip leaders with the necessary study skills to study, apply, teach, preach, and minister the Word of God in their context, applying their learning in the context of their own personal lives and church ministries
- To challenge leaders to regularly memorize select portions of Scripture, and develop the discipline of review to retain and utilize texts both devotionally and in ministry
- To establish leaders in a Christ-centered vision of Scripture, and equip them in a biblical theology that is congruent with the historic orthodox faith of the Great Tradition
- To provide a biblical foundation for both understanding and practicing Christian leadership in the context of the Church, with a special emphasis and appreciation for spiritual formation in our communities.
- To train leaders to evangelize, disciple, plant, pastor, and minister within evangelical churches which will be spiritually vital, culturally conducive, and aggressively reproductive within the various people groups needing Christ.
- To encourage leaders to find practical, meaningful ways to promote justice and demonstrate mercy with the broken and needy in communities, and discover ways to display hospitality, generosity, and compassion in the places where they live and minister.
Each module (course) comes with a Mentor’s Guide, a Student Workbook and two DVD’s (four hours of video). Each module also has required supplemental textbooks. This curriculum is designed to be used in a variety of formats, time frames, and venues. As a complete training curriculum, you will have everything you need to equip yourself and your leaders for effective ministry in your church and community.